Palau Micronesia – Trip Summary

 
Sunset in Palau at PPR Resort
 
Where: Palau Micronesia
When: March 2013

After a week of sun, sand and scuba in Palau it was hard not to cry a little on the inside (not on the outside of course) as we headed to the airport. It could have been the lack of sleep and way too much Red Rooster Beer that was making me nostalgic – as we all know I don’t normally get emotional, but I think it was just a stellar week.


Our week in Palau was simply amazing. It was a braggingly fantastic week that I am happy to report was restful and let me say that you should drop everything and go to Palau. Seriously go with friends, go alone but if you like to snorkel, scuba dive or just pay lots of money to sit on a beach. Palau is a beautiful place to just relax.

Of course the other members of my group may argue that after five (5) days of diving with 13 dives total, that we did not relax. I would respond that diving is relaxing – especially for fish like me – who don’t breathe too heavily underwater. Although I would also like to dispel the myth that I don’t breathe underwater (see exhibit A below of a photo with my breath bubbles). But I do drink Sake.
Scuba Diving Palau at Teshio Maru
Anyways, ignoring those haters and getting back to Palau – just go. It was a fantastic week that included unbelievable diving, out of this world (literally like being in an alternative universe) snorkeling in Jellyfish lake, and even some time relaxing on the beach (two entire days, which for me is quite a long time).
I have a number of individual blog posts on Palau, click on links (to be updated) to read more:
  • Palau Background, Packing Tips, Reviews, and Other info
  • Top 5 Dive Sites of the week and a couple just ok ones too – a recap of a week of Scuba diving Palau
  • Jellyfish Lake
  • Photo album from our trip
But if you just want a recap, see two videos here.
Palau Trip Summary
Jellyfish Lake Palau










1 comment: